Ministry of Health EMS Assessor Accreditation Framework
Enable New Zealand manages the national EMS Assessor Accreditation Framework for the Ministry of Health.
Health professionals must be accredited to access these Ministry-funded services for disabled people:
• Equipment and Modification Services (EMS).
• The Hearing Aid Funding Scheme or the Hearing Aid Subsidy Scheme.
• The Children's Spectacle Subsidy.
There are currently 4,813 health professionals registered on the EMS Assessor Accreditation Framework (November 2017).
Applying to register as an EMS assessor The EMS Assessor Accreditation Framework comprises competency frameworks, credentialing programmes and a credentialing panel. All EMS assessors must complete an online core module and register using our online system.
These health professionals can apply for registration as an EMS assessor:
• Occupational therapists
• Visiting neurodevelopmental therapists
• Speech-language therapists
• Audiologists or audiometrists
• Service co-ordinators working for a specialist service provider (for example, Life Unlimited Hearing, DeafAotearoa or the Blind Foundation).
Current annual practising certificates or relevant professional memberships or registrations are required.
Enquiries about the EMS Assessor Accreditation service
Please contact the Professional Services team at Enable New Zealand's head office in Palmerston North.
Contact Enable New Zealand